Thursday, January 05, 2006

Math in San Antonio

Next week I'll be flying down to sunny San Antonio, Texas for The Joint Mathematics Meetings. The “Joint” refers to the fact that both of the major mathematical organizations in America, the American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America, are organizing it. I will be delivering a rhetorical masterpiece of a talk about the obscure problems in algebraic graph theory I work on during those rare moments when I am not blogging. I'll also get to watch two of my summer research students deliver their first conference talk. Ahhh, you never forget your first time!

Sadly, the burden of preparing for the conference, and for the start of the new term on Monday, has left little time for blogging. So I will be taking the rest of this week and all of next week off. If you're looking for a little entertainment, go reread the big Dover decision. Always brings a smile to my face. Or you could go see King Kong. That's good too.

5 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Jim said...

When you have some down time in your busy week & want to read a something there is an interesting little article from the Miami New Times about a conference of Jewish scientists debating Evolution vs. I.D. Our friend Dembski was in attendance...as a guest speaker, no less.
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2005-12-29/news/metro2.html

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger LiberPaul said...

Good luck on the Presentation. O look forward to your return...

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous John B said...

"The American Mathematical Society and the Mathematical Association of America??"

Are they like The Peoples' Front of Judea and The Judean Peoples' Front?

:-)

 
At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Fred said...

john b, you beat me to it!!!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger LiberPaul said...

LOL! How could I have missed the Python reference...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home