Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A Friend in Need

My trip to Texas has left me a bit behind in my blog and e-mail reading. So I have only just become aware, by way of Ed Brayton, that Panda's Thumb contributor Mark Perakh lost his house and most of his personal possessions to a fire. Fortunately, Mark, his wife and their two dogs all got out of the house unharmed.

I have never met Mark but I have exchanged a great deal of e-mail with him. He has been a personal hero of mine ever since I discovered his excellent website TalkReason. His book Unintelligent Design and his contributions to Why Intelligent Design Fails revealed to me levels of stupidity in ID arguments that had slipped past me in my own readings of ID literature. I have benefitted immensely from my conversations with him, and I hope things will return to normal for him soon.

In the end, I can not improve on Ed Brayton's excellent commentary both on Mark's remarkable life and on the brain-dead viciousness levelled at him by one of ID's dimmer bulbs. I encourage you to go read it.


At 11:21 PM, Anonymous kevin from NYC said...

posted to him

"dude get a paypal account going and people will send you money....Jason linked you and all you have to do is ask"


At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Fred said...

That would never work. Don't you know that evolutionists are atheists and therefore have no moral basis? We are evil and would never help someone, because there's no god keeping an eye on us. ;-)


Post a Comment

<< Home