Saturday, April 02, 2005

Dembski States it Plain

William Dembski has written this brief essay for a new pro-ID blog. In the course of decsribing how he got into ID, he writes the following:


My plan quickly fell into place:


  • I would concoct a specious mathematical theory of design detection that critics of evolution could use as a weapon against Darwinism.

  • I would network with right-wing fanatics for whom a recrudescence of Paley could be a tool for their political agenda.

  • And finally, I would cash in on the celebrity associated with bringing down Darwin.


On this last point let me just say that intelligen design has been very, very good to me.


Dembski surely intended this to be an April Fool's Day joke. Nonetheless, except for the part about bringing down Darwin, he has given a flawless description of what he did, in fact, do.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous cgadsden said...

Stumbled on your blog -- look forward to reading more. I'm currently tackling the evolution/creation issue in my blog. I'm an evangelical who is leaning toward evolution and I live in Kansas. I have a few local professors posting on my blog as well. Thought I'd let you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home